Light's Out
Tonight at work, a little after 5 pm, the lights went out. They went out it seems all across post, and then Melody called to say they were out at home as well. Seems the blackout was widespread! We've had amazing rain and wind which must have downed something somewhere. I'm just impressed that it got both Stielacoom and Fort Lewis!
I got home to a very dark town - very creepy actually with no lights anywhere - and Melody had already begun to light candles and start a fire. I found more flashlights and candles and we ended up deciding to cook on our camp stove. Our stove is gas, but it would not start for some reason - the pilot light would not work (you'd think a gas stove would be able to work in a blackout, not sure why it wouldn't). So I brought up the coleman and we light it up and Melody cooked a great pasta dinner. Wonderful! We enjoyed it by candle light and with the fire burning. The kids were a bit scared of why the lights were out at first, but soon had fun and enjoyed it. A bit after 8 pm the lights came back on. It was almost disappointing...
No babies yet. Melody is off restrictions and is walking about as much as she can. We hope they'll be here soon!

Melody cooks up a great meal tonight by candle light and lantern!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home